Camp:
I know I wrote a little on the week at camp, but I wanted to give a little more detail. The verse for the week was Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the Plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future!” This verse we gave the girls who I spent special time with every evening in devotions. Throughout the week it was encouraging to see them grow. In how they respected each other, and realized the importance of lifting one another up.
Jumping into things at camp:
We took a taxi to the CTL office where we met up with a team from CA, who had been in Romania and had helped plan some of the games and activities for camp the week before. The CTL Staff were all aboard the bus that we took to the camp. I was finally able to meet everyone. It then took us three hours to travel to our camp up near the mountains north of Bucharest. I enjoyed the long bus ride; I was finally able to see some of the sights outside of Bucharest. How amazing it was took look at the beautiful country. In some of the smaller towns the houses were still close together. In the fields I would see people with their horse and cart, and a stack of hay in the back. I really wanted to get out and ask if I could live with a family, help out on the farm for at least a week or so! I also saw people riding in the back of these carts into town…or wherever they were heading. We arrived at camp at 10:30 with the kids coming at 11, on Mon. morning. There was a little time to take our things off the bus and place them into our rooms for the week. I shared a room with one of the other interns Holly, and one of the girls from the CA team Nicole. Our bathroom was small, and was there was a shower hose attached to the sink…so the bathroom was now our shower room as well! J This was a real camping experience and I loved it!
One of the things that I enjoyed about camp was being able to know the CTL staff. I saw them interact with the kids, I heard some of their stories, and I saw their hearts. They love the children, and they know their stories. Most of them have been working for many years with CTL! It is encouraging to know that when I leave…they will still be here loving on the kids. I look forward to hearing all of their stories, and getting to know them more one on one!
I was able to interact with all the kids of all different ages. It was such a blessing to see the way that God allowed me to see them open up to His love! Each child has a wall up when they camp, and the Lord tore it down as the week went on!
The week at camp was a perfect way to jump into the Romanian culture! I was able to see their honest in relation to one another. The way that they don’t have little groups like we do in America. They may know someone is a little different, but they don’t treat them any different, they don’t separate themselves from each other. I also saw the closeness that they share. They don’t have a personal bubble. They are so relational, and I loved getting to know each one! The kids also cared for each other. They shared anything they had with one another. They looked out 100% for the other person! God is so beautiful and so big! I am so thankful to be here, sharing His love, sharing His compassion and His plans that He has for His children!!
Prayer Request:
Language learning
Community relationships
Continued openness with the kids!
Praise:
I am here in Bucharest
God’s safety at camp
The Lord’s faithfulness in moving at camp
That you are all a part of my journey here!! J
No comments:
Post a Comment