Today I had a mission! I have been praying about seeing a girl named Maria and some other kids that used to be at one of the centers. So this morning (Saturday) I was on a mission to find the center Don Orione! My dear friend Oana said that she was willing to come with me.
The Lord watches over us...even when we don't realize it!
I was going to be at the center by 11a.m...
After taking the Metro....then a tram...then walking for 15min. Oana and I bumped into someone that she knew who pointed us to the 'right' building. However, it was a different center...not the center with kids who have disabilities. However, the people were very nice and they gave us further directions to Don Orione!
Oana and I then took a bus and waited for another bus to come...half an hour later...we walked to another street...and finally took a Maxi taxi...waited for two trains to go by...and then
Praise the LORD we arrived at DONE ORIONE!!!!!!
I can say that the Lord has answered so many prayers...prayers that I first prayed with some of the other intern girls in 2007.
There are 5 children at Don Orione that came from another center in Bucharesti where I had spent a lot of my time from 2007 to 2008. These 5 children are in better care and I know the Lord is watching over them.
I must say Amy Long...I agree with you..this center is beautiful and I can see that these children are very well taken care of. They have the right amount of staff for the kids! What a praise to see that these children are in good hands!
And YES I saw little Maria...she has grown up so much. It was during their 'nap' time...so it was very short...but don't worry...I know the way and I will go back! Maria still has her same sweet smile and laugh!
I brought my guitar with me, however because it was ‘nap’ time I was not able to play it. At this center there is also a nursing home care unit. I can’t wait to go back and play some music.
When I first got to the center I asked a girl where the kids were inside. She started speaking to me in Italian! J I asked her to please speak in Romanian so I could understand her! J Don Orione was/is Italian and set up the center. Everyone at the center was very nice and said that they would be waiting for us to come back!
I praise the Lord for allowing Oana to go with me... I would have been lost without her! And for allowing us to arrive at Don Orione, He is so faithful!
Thank you all for your prayers!!!
Blessings
1 comment:
yay! I am glad you found them!! I hope you will go back. I am going to try to get out there when I am back in Romania before I start my pediatric internship next Summer. Did you find Georgiana's new home too? She was a sweet little girl. So frustrating...in the states her heart defect would easily be corrected and she would live a normal life...but in Romania she ends up abandoned over something that will end up a blip on her medical history. I do hope she is doing well!!!
Post a Comment