Thursday, November 5, 2009

A lot has been going on! Enjoy

Dear Family and Friends,

The last week has been a little different here in the terms of Ministry. We have been moving everything from furniture to books and much more! We now have a new location for the Children to Love office in Bucharesti. It is a beautiful new office and less expensive. I praise to the Lord for providing a new center to continue His ministry with his children. We are now fully moved out of our old building, there is just the matter of painting the inside, cleaning up and we are finished. I am excited for this new chapter for CTL.

This last weekend was full of time with friends in Romania. Friday night was a gathering of friends and food celebrating my birthdays. I was also able to spend time with Oana this weekend. We went on a search for a new Church, which we found but did not meet that Saturday night. Maybe this next we will go! J

Sunday I spent some time with the CTL staff outside of the office. Then Sunday evening I was able to hang out with Oana and her boyfriend Mihai. I am very thankful to have a meal, great conversations and even a game of uno or two.

I have one roommate here in the apartment and I am blessed that we get along so well. She is very easy going and has adapted very well to Romania. It is wonderful to have someone in the house to plan things with. This Friday we will be having staff from the office over for a party. It is something we have wanted to do for a while, but if we don’t do it now Christmas will be here before we know it!

Next week my goal is to go and find Marie….a girl that used to be in the orphanage with kids who have disabilities. I do not know where the center is or how to get there, where she was relocated. I have heard only good things about it and hope to go and play my guitar for the other children there.

Yes a whole month has already gone by. That is reality even though I don’t want to admit it. However, I am happy to say that I feel as though I have already been here for 3 months. I pray that each day I take it has it is, for I do not wish to miss even a moment of being here in Romania with people who I care so much about!

Just yesterday at the office we talked about Christmas presents for the children. Each year CTL gives presents to each child in each orphanage or social apartment they work with. It is wonderful to be part of the planning process.

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words! May the Lord work through your prayers! Many thanks!

In Christ Kristina

5 comments:

Abbie Nelson said...

Hi Kristina How are you doing? I hope you're having fun in Romania! Thank you for helping out at the orphanage it must bless their hearts for you to be there. I will be praying for you!

Sincerely
Abbie Nelson

Emily Gabriel said...

Hey Kristina,
We are continuing to pray for you here. I hope you are enjoying your time and continuing to feel God's hand on you. I pray that you will have great joy in your work in Romania and with His children.
In Him,
Emily

Mckenzie Curtis said...

Hello Kristina, how is is going? Sorry the last comment I left I forgot my name. This is Mckenzie Curtis from FCC in River Falls and I was just curious to what you doing and if everything is going ok!!!!! Your doing a wonderful job in Romania God really looks to you!!!!! I will be praying for you!!!!

Brian Majerus said...

Hey Kristina,
We hope you have enjoyed the messages from the class! Our prayers and thoughts are with you. It was encouraging to hear of the wonderful things that are going on in your mission. May God continue to bless you with a great love for Him and the people of Romania! Please contact me when you return and we'll have you share with the class as well.

Amy said...

My name is Amy Long and sometimes I read your blog. I have some random connections with CTL (sorry for the stalking I just love Romanian kids :) ). I am a medical student who has spent three summers volunteering in the orphanages in Bucharest including the rehab orphanage where I met some of your colleagues. I know who Maria is and I think I know where she is too. I developed a special relationship with another child (Aurel) at rehab and when I was back in RO this summer I went on a crazy adeventure to find Aurel at Don Orione (I think), the catholic home on the edge of town in Stefanash (sp), I am almost certain Maria is there too. There is a tram that goes from Obor and then there is a bus that takes you to the gate. If you call the catholic diocese of Bucharest you can ask for directions and permission to visit. They were very kind to me when I visited and interested in having volunteers. I know one of the missionaries I work with is trying to est a volunteer program there. The good news is the facility is BEAUTIFUL among the best I have seen in Romania and the nuns and staff really seem to care. Very different than the rehab orphanage in many ways. God has been so good to take these children to such a better place. I see it as a direct answer to prayer! Best of Luck. Blessings!

Amy