Saturday, October 3, 2009

5 days in Romania

Hello Dear Friends and Family!
          Where to start?   I arrived in Romania on tues.  Sept 29th!  Everyday has been filled with so many blessings.  I have a great roommate named Val, we are getting to know each other quickly!  I look forward to showing her more of Romania!  
         
        Everyday I go to our office building and meet with CTL's (Children to Love) Romanian staff.  We have devotions and worship and then talk about the day before and about plans for the day.  It is a wonderful way for everyone to connect.  Then we split up and go into different orphanages.  Almost every morning I try to go to Rehab...an orphanage with kids who have disabilities!  There have been so many changes at this orphanage...Which is GREAT!  More of the kids are going to school...or they are in a school like setting for at least 4 hours a day.  I am thankful to stay and help, because there are still a lot of needs. 

      After lunch I go to another orphanage or social apartment (kids who grew up in the orphanage but now live in an apartment with other kids, all different ages ), or we meet with kids at the office and have games or help with English etc.... 

     Today we had kids at the office.  I can't even tell you how my heart beats a little faster every time I am able to see someone that I haven't seen in a year and 3 months!!!  I Love these kids and I want the best for them.  I want them to draw closer to the Lord!  

   Please keep in  your prayer the children that I come in contact with.  They have such big hearts...but such hard lives.  May God reach them, and let them know..that no matter what the issue He is there!   Thank you all for your comments and for your thoughts and prayers!   

Blessings In Christ,
Kristina :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kristina I am keeping close contact with your blog and am so happy to have the opp to keep that close to you It sounds like you are taking up where you left off with love, concern and caring for the children. I love children too as you know and it is a gift from God to be able to help and love them in anyway you can love sharyl

Unknown said...

Hi Kristina How are you doing? Hope everything is going well. Meghan has found her wedding dress ..so beautiful it is exciting for us all. love sharyl

Unknown said...

HI Kristina I got caught up on all of your blog entries. They are all so enjoyable. Today I went to the funeral of Sharon's husband Jim. She had everything done so nicely. We are starting to massage with Eva now as Ellen is moving back to her home in Appleton ( I think) Glad you are doing well We miss you Sharyl