Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Other adventures!

Psalm 32: 8 “The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”

How thankful I am that I serve a Lord who cares about every detail of my life! Not just the good times, not just the bad times, but every part!
This week along with some of the other interns I have been working at a baby hospital. We go in early in the morning during the time when the children have baths. We then help with giving them a bath and putting them in their new clothes for the day. After each baby is taken care of we then get to spend time with them. The important thing is being able to hold and care for these babies. It has been interesting to see some of the different ways these babies are taken care of. There rooms are very hot and when it reaches 99 degrees outside…it isn’t much different inside, and there are no fans in the rooms! We are curious if there is some superstition as to why there is not air conditioning or fans in the room. (Outside of the rooms where the doctors are there is air conditioning). Each child is so dear to me. There is one child who is only three weeks old, her mom died during birth, and I just get to hold her and love on her. She has such a tiny body, but is so curious about the world around her! I can now see why you mom’s have such a hard time letting go of your children!! J It is so hard at the end of the day to put these children down! There are also children whose parents have left them and others who actually do have parents. I love being able to see the different avenues of life here in Romania. The nurses I work with are great people. It is a great to see the way they really do care about the kids they work with.
You’re my little girl you’re the one that I created, and no one in this world could ever be like you. When you’re crying in the night all you need to do is call me, and I’ll be there for you, cause you’re my little girl.

I think of this song by Go Fish… You’re My Little Girl. I was singing it to the girls in the hospital. Knowing they have a heavenly Father who knit them together!

After coming back from camp I am still getting used to the city of Bucharest, taking the Metro everywhere I go. In the morning the metro is crowded and usually isn’t too bad in the evening! On the metro people usually do not talk to each other. Oh yes, and people stare…I don’t think I look that much different…but I guess I stand out one way or another! Often you will hear people speak English around us! I am able to understand a little more Romanian everyday…but I hope that next week I will start working with my Romanian teacher, and look forward to the progress that will come from the one on one teaching! J

Julie and I re-arranged the apartment the other day, making it feel more like home! We also did some deep cleaning, it makes all the difference. It has been such a blessing to be with these other interns here. Seeing their different perspectives, and being blessed by their friendship!

No comments: