Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Orphanage number 6!

On fri. We went to orphanage number 6 (however I didn’t not get a chance to see the rehab kids…later I hope). We were able to blow up a big water slide that a former team brought with them. The kids came out in groups and loved waiting in line for their turn on the slide! After 2 hours of doing the water slide, we then went upstairs to see some kids in the classroom. As we entered they were all sitting on the floor, there are teachers in the classroom, but they were not really doing anything with the kids.
As I stepped into the classroom these children looked at me with their big beautiful brown eyes! Some of them quietly and slowly came to me, and then a huge smile spread across their face. There is a boy named Andre who stole my heart right away. He is very small and other kids often got in front of him, but finally I was able to hold him. Some of the children would sit in my lap and call me Mama. They were all seeking love, just wanting someone to care for them. As I think about it, is it so much to ask? The need is love. It is so simple, yet so many of these children have not received it. For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son! If God sent His son to die for us, so that we could live with Him for all eternity, then won’t He send you? He sent His son to show us what true love is, may you listen to the Lord and let Him send you. All we need to do is listen. It doesn’t have to be across the world, but it can be. Don’t just receive God’s love, receive it and give

No comments: