Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ok...finally I think there is too much to read, but try if you can! :)

Dear Friends and Family,
I know it has been a while since I have updated my blog page. There is always so much to do in the week and lately getting to a computer has been difficult. I want to update you on what has been going on lately for me in Romania. Just this last week a team from CA was here with us. This adds a little change to our schedule. Each team plans out drama’s, testimonies and crafts for the kids. So in the morning and afternoon when we visit a different apartment or orphanage the team has the chance to lead the activities. I loved being a part of this team, they did an amazing job giving the gospel to the children and allowing them to interact and ask questions about their testimonies.
Daily I continue to find more of a pattern in my day, and I am able to see the places where God wants me to focus my time and energy in. I love going to the rehab orphanage where there is a great need to work with the children. There are two aspects of the rehab that I enjoy. The first one is taking the children out of their little cribs and working with their muscles… the second part is working in the classroom. Many of the kids from rehab need a beginning and an end. They spend almost 2 hours in the classroom going through a program. It is based on repetition and the kids continue to make progress every week. They know what is coming up next, and when something is going to end. Many of these kids have problems biting, scratching, or just staying focused, so there are a lot of obstacles thrown our way. The third aspect that I enjoy at rehab is playing my guitar at least once a week. God continues to use this to minister to the children and to the staff members. Just this last week when I was in a room with some of the children who don’t get out of their beds, one of the staff members came in and started dancing with a kids (and then she bathed all of the children). A lot of the staff members don’t really want to be working at the orphanage, it is just where they have been placed. It is because of this that may of them don’t give their all. If no one rewards them for going out of their way to care for the kids…why should they do it? (Is what they think). I believe by us being their, it is a little bit of an incentive for the staff to do their job, because someone will see it. Please continue to pray that we will be a light and a blessing to everyone in the rehab. My afternoons are filled with going to an apartment (children who grew up in the orphanages, but the gov. has moved into a more family style of living), or going orphanages and building relationships with the children their. Many of the older kids I have bonded with and I have been able to take them out to eat. It is during these times that I know God is working. We are able to exchange stories and I am able to find out where they are at in their lives. It is so important just to be an older sister to these girls.
The Lord continues to show me that He just loves these children. I am nothing but His vessel to work through.
Last week I had the opportunity to be on a radio program here in Bucharest. It was a little shocking, they asked for someone the day of, and I just knew that it would be me. They wanted to have the program focused on volunteering, and showing the differences of someone volunteering in Romania vs. the U.S. It was a great opportunity, and I told the lady that I would do it again if she needed someone. It was also very encouraging, because a lady who worked at Rehab heard the radio show, and recognized me from being at the rehab orphanage (what a small world we live in).
Thank you so much for your prayers and for your thoughts. I am blessed to know that you are thinking of me, please let me know if there is any way that I can pray for you or your family! Blessings, Kristina J

1 comment:

blythe said...

Kristina!

Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you... Looks like you're having a wonderful time, and seeing the pictures of you with the rehab kids was great. May God bless you richly!

Love ya,
Blythe