I spent three days in Bucharest...trying to take in everything around me. Then two sun. ago we left for a camp with some of the children who are from orphanages...but a lot of them have been placed in apartments..(this is something the gov. is starting to do). The first day I was a little frustrated...not being able to ask a kid if I could help and carry his/her bags. However, God is so graciously sweet and it was so encouraging to see Him break down any walls during the week. I was able to understand a lot more Romanian by the time I left camp. I am also able to speak a little more than when I first left! There was a team from CA that camp to the camp with us. It was neat to see their roles in the kids lives, but I am so grateful that I know I will be able to see most of the kids again!! As we were leaving one of the kids said to me 'just go.' And then I found someone to tell him that I was staying in Romania longer! His face just beamed and he gave me his e-mail!!
We had a meeting in the morning at 8:30
Breakfast at 9! I personally enjoyed the food!! I tried almost everything!
We then had worship at 10 until 10:30...there were usually skits done at this time.
from 10:30 until 2 we had clinics. Each kid was able to pick three of the clinics to attend.
I was in Basketball, soccer, and English!!
These were great times to bond with the kids and all different ages!!
2 was lunch
3 we had a meeting for the evening activities
4 we started the activity
5 was devotions with our 'age group' I had the older girls 16-19
I was encouaged to see them open up to us. Ask questions about our lives, and really see them want to change some of the things they do to each other! I can't wait to spend time with these girls on the weekends.
And to think that someone would not want these children...I can't even understand!!
7 was dinner
and after 8 we usually played some sports with the kids!
I want to thank you all for your prayers...for your support!! Knowing that you are behind me, makes me stronger everyday!! May the Lord Bless you!!
May you know that He is working in amazing ways in Romania, and it is all because of you!!!
Praise God!!!
Kristina :)
2 comments:
I'm excited for you! Blessings on language learning and cultural adjustment! I love hearing how God is using you in Romania!
Lori
Hey Kristina,
So good to hear about how God is working over there. With you and the children there! I leave a week from today and am getting excited and the wedding I'm in is tomorrow! I love you and have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment