Isn't it amazing how much kids know...even when they are so little. There is a girl at the Rehab center (kids with disabilities), and she is 1 year and 3 months old. Lately every time I go into the room, whether someone is holding her or not and I say here name, her face lights up into a huge smile. Yesterday I was in her room right before nap time. I put her in bed, and went to say goodbye to another girl in the room. However, as I walked away Lumineata started crying...so I went back and I sat next to her crib. She can see me through the crib and she laid down right next to me. She took her little hands and put them next to my legs. It struck me, that she knew that I was there...and it meant something to her. She stopped crying the moment I sat next to her. She was happy to know that I was there. I almost started crying right there...I have never actually cried at the center before, but I was able to hold it in. I am so thankful that the Lord has placed me here, and I keep praying for someone to take these kids home...Lumineata just wants to know that she is loved and is cared for, and she seeks it out. When I first set her down into her crib...she started crying right away. One of the staff members from the center then commented that she now learned what it means to be cared for in someone's arms. I am thankful for, they don't see it that way.
Pray for my little Lumineata, her name means "little light" and she is a light!!
:)
Love Kristina
No comments:
Post a Comment