Hello Dear family and friends,
When you work with kids everyday you see the good times and the hard times. Working so closely with these kids I hear about 'things' that happen in the orphanage, or in the social apartment. It might be 'things' with relationships, with school...however, so often these 'things' break my heart. I am so very thankful that the Lord has allowed me to play the guitar...when I don't know how to express how I feel to the Lord I sit down and sing it to Him! It is a good way to get all your emotions out! :) Through all the pain, the Lord has shown me that it is worth it, that He desires me to be here holding and caring for His children.
It is interesting how kids slowly open. There are some that will jump into your arms right away. There are others who take there time, and it has been rewarding to see those who now come to me and open up in a new way. So many of them have a hard shell on to protect themselves, and it takes a while before they let someone get to know them. They know that I am here for them! I love being able to see kids grow up right before your eyes. One of the boys from the apartment started shaving and you can just see him have more confidence!
Last week I was able to take Cristina (a girl from the social apartment, who is 15, and is Oana's younger sister) out for lunch. She is having a hard time with school, and it is very important for her future that she does well and passes. She told me all about her classes, the good and the bad. Then we came up for a way to motivate her to go to school! She is a sweet girl and she has a great heart, but she doesn't see the importance of school for her right now. Pray for her if you think about it.
I was able to take Georgiana to Church again with me, then to the park and later we made it to my apartment. She seems to get more and more comfortable each time we go to Church and to my house. It is amazing to watch her. She stood in my room, in front of the mirror for about 10 min. just talking to herself. And I am sure she would have stayed there a lot longer if I hadn't called her away. She has a lot of discipline problems...because she is in the orphanage with kids who have disabilities. I am trying to get her to ask for things, and to wait if she needs to. Her patience isn't very long, but we are working on it. I wish that someone would just come and take her home.......
These are just some of my stories I wanted to share with you. Thank you for your prayers, and for blessing me! May God be close to you today!
Blessings and Prayers,
Kristina :)
1 comment:
Jesus I agree with Kristina, for Georgiana to find a family.Make a way for her where there seems to be no way. You sent Kristina all the way there just to hold her, now send her a family just the same way,even if it is all the way across the world.
Your friend Marsha
Post a Comment